04 April, 2008

Pork Season

The Citizens Against Government Waste released their annual "Pig Book" listing the earmarks requested in the latest budget bill.  I am sure we will hear more about specific pork requests over the next few weeks, but you can find a complete listing of all 11,610 projects totaling $17.2 Billion here.  

"[...] we’re going to have to cut the spending, we’re going to have to eliminate the pork barrel and wasteful spending.  And I’m proud to tell you, Chris, in 24 years as a member of Congress, I have never asked for nor received a single earmark or pork barrel project for my state and I guarantee you I’ll veto those bills. I’ll ask for the line item veto and I’ll veto them and I’ll make the authors of them famous."

- John McCain in an interview with Fox News' Chris Wallace

No comments: